Hello everyone! Last week I didn't have enough time to write my email because we had our district activity. It was fun but cold. We had to be outside so we played sports (basketball, soccer, football, volleyball) and when we got there we were surprised because nobody was wearing their masks, they said it was okay as long as we were apart from each other and we were like 'oh ok' but still wore our masks a lot of the time. Unfortunately the rules about Covid are getting stricter because it's getting worse so we can't even have district activities like this anymore (it will be a little different). On Tuesday we ate a whole package of peppermint oreos. That's it, that's my whole email. Just kidding. We had some great lessons Tuesday night. We taught the restoration lesson better than we ever had before! It was very powerful. Wednesday we had District council. The AP's joined us. We've talked to the AP's quite a bit recently, hahah. We're buds. ...
Hello hello!! Our friend Jake is on date for baptism on December 5th! We have our friend Firas on date for the 28th of November. We are incredibly excited for them, and honestly I feel like I don't deserve them because they're so good and ready and they are so devoted, and we've had them for like 3 weeks or so. So the Wilson effect I was excited for last week, calling number neighbors of members, went pretty terribly actually. It was a good experience to get used to people being rude to us... 50% didn't answer and 50% answered and were irritated at us for calling them. We'll probably try it again sometime, now I know what I'll be getting myself into. We've been trying something else new - Google Duo. People can see who's calling before they answer. We leave short 30 second spiritual thoughts as video messages when they don't answer. It is pretty fun! It feels different from calling on the phone because they can actually see you and realize we're ...
12/6/2021 possible titles: im dreaming of a hot christmas michael buble comes out of his cave hot im not dead i promise Hi everyone!! *Obligatory apology for lack of emails* but ñeh. It's fine. I'm back. I'll write a few points to give you some updates. I now have 15 months in the mission. Time is passing too fast. We have a friend who is working hard to live the word of wisdom, but we reached a point where really didn't know how to keep helping him. We gave him the 12 steps, we gave him specific goals. We followed up with him frequently. But really what's made the difference has been giving him a specific baptism date in January. The first lesson after we gave him a date he told us that he's really made some significant progress in quitting smoking and drinking tea!! It's super hard for him because he was smoking more than a pack a day, and drinking like 20 cups of tea a day. But now he's smoking like 9 cigarretes a day and he stopped drinking tea 👀 ...
Comments
Post a Comment